|The view from my deck.|
- I chop garlic in decent size chunks, an entire bulb of it.
- I chop fresh parsley, basil and a half of a white onion.
- Then I dice up vine tomatoes (you can use plum tomatoes which are delicious).
- I start a base of a thin layer of olive oil in a regular size pot.
- I season the bottom with salt, pepper, hot pepper & garlic powder.
- I throw in only the garlic, parsley and onion to sauté.
- After it simmers a bit (don't burn the garlic because it'll be bitter) then I throw in the diced tomatoes.
- Stir that around until it cooks a bit.
- Add a small amount of red table wine into the mix.
- Half a cup of parmesan cheese.
- 1 or 2 cups of chicken broth (depending on how many tomatoes you chopped up, I chop about 15).
- Stir & let simmer with the lid on, letting it crack open so it can breathe and not overflow.
This sauce goes great with a light chianti or a pinot noir. I always say, go by your taste and don't let anyone judge your 'sauce'. So start cooking for your loved ones and bon appetit my friends!